Comprehensive GI Care and Treatment for Patients in Cypress Hills, NY
Chronic pain and debilitating symptoms can disrupt a person’s life. If you’re experiencing any problems with your GI system, you should contact Gastro Care LI for an appointment. You need an experienced doctor to determine the medical condition you’re suffering from and recommend treatment options that could offer some relief. Call Gastro Care LI at 516-265-7049 today or reach out to us online.
Gastroenterological Conditions We Treat
Gastro Care LI is familiar with the symptoms associated with a range of GI issues and how to treat them. You deserve to find the right solution to alleviate the pain and discomfort you feel every day. We have experience treating common GI illnesses and conditions, including:
- Colon cancer
- Celiac disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Hemorrhoid treatment
- Acid reflux
- Lactose intolerance
- Difficulty swallowing
- Bile duct disorder
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Rectal pain and bleeding
- Crohn’s disease
- Abdominal pain and bloating
- Ulcerative colitis
- Gallbladder disease and associated problems
- Liver disease
- Unexplained weight loss
If your doctor diagnosed you with any of these GI conditions or you noticed unusual symptoms that won’t go away, contact Gastro Care LI immediately.
Inflammation Plays in Role in GI Health
When the body responds to an irritant or illness, inflammation can occur. This is the body’s way of protecting itself from perceived threats. Unfortunately, chronic inflammation is a common factor contributing to various gastroenterological problems.
Gastritis can develop from inflammation of the stomach lining. Symptoms you should look out for include:
- Weight loss
- Decreased appetite
- Upper abdominal pain
If you suffer from chronic gastritis, the lining of your stomach can become severely damaged over time. Multiple factors increase a person’s risk of developing this GI condition, including:
- Age – The lining of the stomach becomes thinner as you age. This increases the risk of gastritis.
- Alcohol abuse – Consuming excessive amounts of alcohol damages multiple body systems, including the GI tract. It destroys the lining of the stomach, preventing this vital organ from protecting itself from digestive chemicals.
- Bacterial infections – Helicobacter pylori is a type of bacteria found in the stomach. It attacks the stomach lining and causes stomach issues, including ulcers.
- Pain relievers – Certain pain medications, such as aspirin, Aleve, and Advil, reduce chemicals in the stomach that are necessary to protect the lining.
Common Causes of Gastroenterological Conditions
Pain, discomfort, and other symptoms caused by GI issues can affect your overall physical and mental health. Persistent debilitating symptoms prevent you from completing your job-related duties and participating in activities you used to enjoy. It can affect your quality of life and cause psychological issues, such as depression and anxiety.
GI illnesses and other medical conditions can have a number of causes, including:
- Lifestyle – Your GI system can thrive as long as you exercise regularly, follow a healthy diet, and drink plenty of water. Poor lifestyle choices can cause inflammation and lead to problems within your GI tract.
- Medications – Certain prescription drugs and over-the-counter medications can cause adverse side effects and damage your stomach, intestines, and other parts of your gastrointestinal system.
- Allergens and irritants – When you get older, your body has trouble processing certain food and nutrients. This can disrupt GI functioning and cause distress.
- Untreated conditions – If you’re living with painful symptoms instead of diagnosing the problem to begin a treatment plan, you won’t find the relief you need to manage and alleviate bloating, discomfort, and other unpleasant symptoms.
Some of the symptoms you’re experiencing can indicate severe disease or problems within the GI tract. Speak to your gastroenterologist right away if any of these symptoms occur:
- Swelling around an abdominal hernia
- Trouble retaining fluids and food
- Severe constipation
- Vomiting blood
- Bloody stools
- Chest pain
Contact Gastro Care LI to discover the solutions to your GI issues. We can help you treat or manage your symptoms so you can get back to living a fulfilling life.
Steps You Should Take Before Your Appointment at Gastro Care LI
There are several things you should do to prepare for your first appointment with us. In order for us to properly diagnose your condition and determine the most effective treatment for your GI condition, it’s critical for you to be honest with us about your lifestyle, symptoms, and any factors that might contribute to a health problem.
Before you come to our office for your appointment, be sure to write down detailed information regarding:
- Lifestyle – Inform us of your diet and exercise regimen. Let us know if you drink alcohol and how often. You should also tell us about any drugs you’re taking, legal or illicit. We need to know everything about your lifestyle so we can zero in on the correct diagnosis. If you leave anything out, we might not be able to determine why you’re experiencing symptoms.
- Symptoms – Make a thorough list of any symptoms you’ve been suffering from. That can include chronic symptoms and anything you only experienced a few times. You might think pain or discomfort in another part of your body has nothing to do with your GI system but could actually point to a severe problem.
- Medication – If you’re taking prescription or over-the-counter medicine, write them down. Include a complete list of the medications you’re taking and the dosage. We need to know this information when we’re creating a treatment plan. Some drugs can cause an adverse reaction with other medications, which can lead to unpleasant or dangerous side effects. Certain medications may also be causing your symptoms.
- Emotional support – You aren’t required to bring someone to your appointment, but it can be a good idea. Having people by your side that you trust can help you cope with your diagnosis.
Speak to a Gastroenterologist from Gastro Care LI Today
If you’re suffering from an undiagnosed or untreated gastroenterological condition, contact Gastro Care LI right now. We can perform a physical exam, review your symptoms, and diagnose the problem. We have experience treating and curing a range of GI illnesses for our patients.
You will not be alone during your journey to better health. We will provide the quality care necessary to relieve your pain and the resources to cope with the emotional distress caused by your GI condition. Let us help you find the solution you need so you can start enjoying your life again.
We serve patients in Cypress Hills and throughout New York in two conveniently located offices. Call Gastro Care LI at 516-265-7049 today, or you book your appointment with us online.