Hemorrhoids are an unpleasant condition that occurs because of swollen blood vessels of the rectum. They can either be internal or external hemorrhoids and many things can cause hemorrhoids.
Coughing, sneezing, straining during bowel movements, pregnancy, obesity, standing/sitting for long periods of time and vomiting can cause hemorrhoids.
The most common symptoms associated with hemorrhoid treatment
Hemorrhoid symptoms vary depending on the location. Symptoms can include:
- leakage of feces
- swelling around the anus
- irritation or itching in the anal region
- painless bleeding during bowel movements
- a lump located near the anus (the lump can be painful or sensitive)
How are hemorrhoids treated?
- a warm sitz bath
- a high-fiber diet
- over-the-counter medications, such as Tylenol
- internal injections
- banding procedures for removal with the CRH O’Regan System
- infrared coagulation of hemorrhoids
These treatment options can help to live with and/or remove hemorrhoids in an effective way.
What is the next step?
If you are suffering from the symptoms and other issues associated with hemorrhoids, call GastroCare LI in Glendale or Valley Stream today. Our professionals are trained and experienced to treat hemorrhoids and get rid of them once and for all.
The first step to receive effective treatment is to schedule an appointment today. We look forward to meeting you.