Experienced GI Care in Lynbrook, NY
Our gastrointestinal (GI) tracts work all the time. They digest our food, process nutrients, create energy, and get rid of waste. A healthy GI system is a vital part of living a productive and balanced life.
At [firm-name], we’re committed to delivering the best care possible for people with GI issues. Our team of doctors has decades of combined experience working across a wide range of GI conditions, and they’re available to talk with you. We even offer services in several languages including Spanish, Italian, Hindi, and Urdu if needed.
GI problems can affect every part of your life, causing chronic pain, disrupting your sleep, and damaging your overall health. So, if you’re experiencing GI issues, don’t wait to get the care you deserve. Contact [firm-name] at [phone-number] or by using our online form today.
Conditions We Can Treat
At [firm-name], we understand the critical role that GI health plays in your life, and we’re ready to help you address any issues you’re facing. Whether you’re experiencing pain, inflammation, or any other GI problem, we’re ready to help. The doctors at [firm-name] can assist you with:
- Abdominal pain and bloating
- Acid reflux
- Bile duct disorders
- Celiac disease
- Colon cancer
- Crohn’s disease
- Difficulty swallowing
- Gallbladder problems
- Hepatitis and hepatitis C
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Lactose intolerance
- Liver disease
- Rectal pain and bleeding
- Ulcerative colitis
- Unexplained weight loss
Symptoms of GI Issues
Since the GI system is so complex, symptoms can vary significantly, depending on the person and the problem. And according to the American College of Gastroenterology, common GI symptoms can easily be misinterpreted and misunderstood. For example, an issue such as heartburn, when combined with anxiety, could be mistaken for a heart attack. That’s why it’s so important to understand the symptoms of GI conditions and to talk with a professional when you experience them.
Some common GI symptoms you should be aware of include:
- Acid reflux or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Abdominal pain
- Trouble digesting food and beverages
- Difficulty swallowing
- Digestive trouble such as bloating and flatulence
- Bloody stools
If you experience these or any other symptoms that you believe may be related to your GI tract, don’t wait to get medical care.
Causes of GI Problems
There are many potential causes of GI issues. These can range from diet to the medications you’re already taking. But some common factors come up in many GI cases. If you’re experiencing GI problems, they could be caused by:
- Untreated illnesses. Sometimes people aren’t aware that they have an ongoing GI problem. The symptoms may be mild at first, and many people learn to live with them, at least initially. But an untreated problem can get worse over time, leading to pain, digestive problems, and damage to your long-term health.
- Lifestyle. Like every other bodily system, the GI tract needs care and maintenance. The GI tract benefits from healthy, fiber-rich foods and works best with minimal amounts of processed food and sugar. Regular exercise can also help the GI tract maintain balance and regularity.
- Irritants and allergies. Nearly everyone may be affected by some food or beverage that could cause them problems. But some substances can irritate your GI tract and cause lasting troubles. For example, alcohol, especially when consumed in large amounts, can cause GI damage and cause inflammation to skyrocket. So when you’re addressing GI problems, understanding what you consume can be central to resolving any issues.
- Medications. Modern healthcare can deliver targeted medications that can help with many different conditions. But the fact is that some of those medicines can cause damage or inflammation, as well. And even over-the-counter medications like ibuprofen can cause problems if you have issues, such as inflammatory bowel disease.
Inflammation and GI Health
When you consume certain foods, beverages, or medications, your body may suffer inflammation. Inflammation is a method the body uses to defend itself against outside substances. But inflammation can be a double-edged sword.
Inflammation is linked to many different GI problems. For example, inflammation is directly related to conditions such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. Inflammation can result in painful and dangerous symptoms, such as abdominal pain, and could even lead to more advanced disease.
Preparing for Your First Appointment
When you schedule an appointment with our team, there are steps you can take to make sure everything goes as quickly and as smoothly as possible. Before your appointment, we recommend preparing the following:
- A list of medications you’re taking. This includes prescription and over-the-counter medication. Medications can be an important cause of GI issues and no matter what you’re taking, make sure you inform your doctor.
- Symptoms you’re experiencing. Your voice and your health matter. Don’t ignore symptoms, even if they seem minor, and speak up about them. Information about your experience can be one of the most important tools for your doctor. It can also be an essential part of diagnosing an issue.
- Information about your lifestyle. GI health is often linked to a person’s lifestyle, including diet, rest, and exercise. Clear and honest information about your lifestyle can help your medical team provide the most accurate diagnosis and treatment.
- Moral and emotional support. Having someone you trust by your side can be valuable. During and after a doctor’s visit, they can help you face issues head-on, and having a second listener can be valuable, in case you missed something the doctor said.
Contact [firm-name] for Your Care Today
If you’re experiencing a GI condition in Lynbrook, get in touch with [firm-name] as soon as you can. Our doctors have deep experience helping people through nearly any type of GI problem. And they are ready to give you the attention and care that you deserve during a difficult time. They can listen to you, perform diagnostic tests, and find solutions that fit with your life. And throughout the process, they’ll be here for you.
[firm-name] is ready to serve you whether you’re in Lynwood or any of the surrounding areas. For an appointment with our doctors, call us now at [phone-number] or reach out to us online.