Rectal Pain & Bleeding Treatment
Rectal pain and bleeding is a common symptom that unfortunately has become a part of everyday life for many patients that we see. There are a wide variety of causes of rectal pain and bleeding as well as other symptoms.
- Blood in the stool
- Pressure while sitting or standing
- Difficulty wiping
- A feeling of wetness or leakage
- Hemorrhoids (mild to moderate pain)
- Anal fissures ( a sharp, tearing sensation)
- Anal spasms that come and go (Proctalgia Fugax)
- Constant muscle spasms consistent with Levator ani syndrome
- Foreign bodies that are present in the region
- Pain related to rectal cancer
- A variety of issues related to prostate problems
What should you do now?
Pain or bleeding in or around the rectal area is an embarrassing problem that many people try to avoid.
However, we want you to know that as gastroenterologists, we deal with these types of problems every single day, and you shouldn’t feel embarrassed or self-conscious in any way.
Our goal is simply to help you get the treatment you need so that you can feel better. Whether it’s a simple issue with a relatively straightforward treatment, or a more serious issue that requires further medical intervention, we’re here to help our patients.
If you’re in the Glendale or Valley Stream area, give one of our offices a call today. You don’t have to live with rectal pain and bleeding, and you don’t have to be embarrassed to seek treatment. We’re professionals, and your medical records are strictly confidential.