GI Healthcare Services in Woodmere, NY
Living with chronic pain and other debilitating symptoms reduces a person’s quality of life. If you suffer from a gastrointestinal condition and want to learn about the available treatment options, contact GastroCare LI immediately.
A gastroenterologist at our facility can evaluate your symptoms, diagnose the problem, and offer solutions to alleviate or manage your pain. Call us right now at 516-265-7049 for an appointment
and start the journey towards better GI health.
GI Conditions GastroCare LI Can Treat
At GastroCare LI, we have experience treating various GI conditions. We know how to provide an accurate diagnosis and create a plan to manage unpleasant symptoms experienced by our patients. The GI conditions we treat include:
If you were diagnosed with any of these medical problems or suffer from their symptoms, do not hesitate to call GastroCare LI for an appointment. You shouldn’t have to live each day in pain and unable to enjoy your life.
Inflammation Can Lead to Gastroenterological Conditions
Inflammation occurs in the body in response to an illness or irritant. The body uses this defense to protect itself from invaders. Unfortunately, chronic inflammation can play a part in causing a GI issue to arise.
Gastritis is a term used to describe a group of conditions that cause inflammation of the stomach lining. Common symptoms include:
- Decreased appetite
- Upper abdominal pain
- Weight loss
Severe damage to the lining of the stomach could occur from chronic gastritis. A range of risk factors increases the chance of developing this type of GI condition, such as:
- Bacterial infections – Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is a common bacteria that can enter a person’s body and live in the digestive tract. Ulcers can eventually develop in the upper part of the intestine or lining of the stomach. The bacteria can lead to an infection and prevent food from moving through the GI tract.
- Age – The stomach lining starts to weaken as a person gets older. Gastritis can develop from digestive juices causing damage and inflammation to the thinner lining.
- Pain medications – Taking pain relievers, such as Advil or aspirin, can decrease the chemicals the stomach needs to protect the lining from bacteria, outside chemicals, and other invaders.
- Alcohol use – Abusing alcohol causes damage to multiple bodily functions, including the gastrointestinal tract. The lining of the stomach becomes destroyed and can’t prevent digestive chemicals from causing more damage.
Common Causes of Gastroenterological Problems
Discomfort and pain due to a GI condition can significantly affect your mental and physical well-being. Persistent or worsening symptoms could interfere with your job and prevent you from participating in activities you love. It can also cause psychological issues, such as anxiety and depression.
GI conditions can develop for various reasons and factors, such as:
- Medications – Some over-the-counter drugs and prescription medicines can cause adverse side effects. Damage could occur to the intestines, stomach lining, and other areas within the GI tract.
- Undiagnosed GI conditions – Diagnosing your condition is crucial to learning how to manage your symptoms. If you don’t see a gastroenterologist, you could continue to experience unpleasant symptoms without determining the cause and how to treat it.
- Irritants and allergens – It’s more challenging for the GI system to process particular foods as people get older. This difficulty can interfere with functioning and cause distress.
- Lifestyle choices – Living a poor lifestyle can wreak havoc on the gastrointestinal tract and lead to inflammation. You could help your GI system thrive if you create healthy habits, such as eating the right foods, exercising regularly, and drinking enough water.
Multiple warning signs could indicate a serious GI condition or disease. You should contact GastroCare LI immediately to discuss your symptoms with a gastroenterologist in Woodmere, NY. Signs to look out for include:
- Bloody stools
- Severe constipation
- Swelling around an abdominal hernia
- Vomiting up blood
- Difficulty retaining food and fluids
- Chest pain
GastroCare LI understands the struggles you face. Symptoms of a GI condition can be debilitating. Let us diagnose the problem so you can get your life back.
How to Prepare for Your Appointment with Us
You could get more out of your appointment if you prepare for it adequately. There are some things you should do before your first meeting with GastroCare LI.
Diagnosing your GI issue and determining the treatment you need requires thorough information. If you don’t inform us of every symptom and any factor possibly associated with your condition, it could hinder our ability to effectively resolve the problem.
Create a detailed list of information related to:
- Your symptoms – Write down every symptom you experienced and for how long. You could include whether they worsen at certain times of the day or after eating specific foods. Even if a symptom occurred only one time or seems unrelated to your GI system, include it in your list.
- Your lifestyle – Many people feel embarrassed by the choices they make. It’s our job to use the information you provide to determine whether your symptoms could be because of your lifestyle choices or an underlying medical problem. Inform us of how much alcohol you consume, the food you eat, and your exercise regimen. If you withhold vital information, we might not be able to diagnose you.
- Medications taken – If you take any medication, over-the-counter or prescription, let us know. You should include the name and dosage of everything. When we create a treatment plan for GI conditions, we need to know the medications our patients take so we can avoid adverse reactions.
- Emotional support – Although it’s not a requirement, having someone you can depend on and trust sit with you during your appointment can be beneficial. Managing symptoms of a GI condition can be physically and emotionally draining. You need support to get through this difficult experience.
Contact GastroCare LI
If you have symptoms of an undiagnosed or untreated GI problem, contact GastroCare LI today for an appointment. A gastroenterologist in Woodmere, NY, can meet with you to discuss your issues and offer a diagnosis.
We have experience curing various gastroenterological conditions and managing symptoms. You will have a dedicated and compassionate healthcare team by your side to provide the support and guidance you need.
Call us right now at 516-265-7049 for your appointment